Ciaté London and Youtube beauty guru Chloe Morello recently teamed up to bring us this online exclusive neutral/purple toned palette. After reading through the reviews for the palette, I thought it would be a great addition to anyone’s makeup collection, however, after using it for the first time, I realized it was chalky, not very blendable, or transferable.
Price: C$50 on Sephora.com
Here’s what I liked about it:
- The colours are freakin BEAUTIFUL in their pans. Honestly, I would prefer these shades over my ABH Modern Renaissance palette. There is not one shade in this palette that I don’t like.
- Great combination of colours, with lots of nudes, which is good for everyday use, and the purples can be used for a more playful look.
- The packaging was cute and durable, and was a good size for the price.
Here’s what I didn’t like:
- Way too hard to get the enough pigment on a brush. I got great pigment with my finger, but I can’t apply it and blend it out with my fingers. Also, it would take way too long to build up the colour to be able to see it properly.
- Chalky texture. The powder didn’t hold on to the brush. When I would tap off the excess, almost everything I picked up would fall off!
- Metallics were not as metallic as they looked. I don’t know how it looked so bright and sparkly in the pan, but that is not how it looks on my eyelids. It didn’t give me the shine I was hoping for.
All in all, I was pretty disappointed with the product, but I’m glad I got to try it out since it was an online exclusive and not in stores. I really was in love with the colours, but I had to return it because of the quality. Hopefully I find something with similar colours, but a better formula!